Tuesday 19 August 2014

Double Chocolate Cupcakes


Hello readers, I come back for another quick update!
As a little breakup from my writing up, I baked some chocolate cupcakes the other day.
It had been a long time since there was a nice smell of cakes from my kitchen & it’s just great to do a bit of baking.
So, I took some photographs & decided to have a quick update for the blog here.


This recipe uses about 300 g of chocolate, so you can tell it really is ultra rich.
As I like my chocolate cakes to be bittersweet, I reduced the sugar.
I hope you would like it, bon appétit :)

Double Chocolate Cupcakes (makes about 1 dozen):
adapted from Willie's Chocolate Bible
Chocolate Cupcakes
75 g dark chocolate
1 large egg
125 g unsalted butter
125 g dark muscovado sugar
80 g self-raising flour
80 ml hot water

Line the cupcake cases on muffin tin.
Melt dark chocolate over hot water making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
In a large bowl, whisk butter with sugar until light & fluffy.
Beat in the egg until mix, fold in the slightly cooled chocolate.
Fold in half the flour & hot water until mix.
Fold in the remaining flour & enough hot water to make a sloppy but not runny mixture.
Divide the batter & bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 min.
Remove from the oven & cool in the tin.

Chocolate Icing
175 g whipping cream
150 g 70% dark chocolate
50 g milk chocolate
15 g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

Melt dark chocolate over hot water making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
In a large bowl, whisk the whipping cream with sugar to soft peaks.
Fold in the chocolate & vanilla essence.
Wait slightly until it’s firm for piping or use straight away for spreading. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and web stuff and this is actually annoying. A good blog with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this site, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    pakistan handicrafts

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails