Sunday 2 December 2012

Passion - Passionfruit & Mango Entremet



This was the birthday cake I made for myself last week.
I was planning to make a mousse cake with honeydew melon, coconut & pineapple.
But I didn't have time to get all the ingredients so I changed my plan at the last minute.
I flipped through piles of cookbooks cosily on the sofa.
I can't find the combo I like so I took a few recipes from Le Goût Authentique Retrouvé by Hidemi Sugino & that's how I got to this cake.


"Passion" has 4 layers: genoise, passionfruit creme, mango mousse & lemon cream cheese mousse.
The recipes I took from the book are passionfruit creme & cream cheese mousse.
There're less gelatine in Hidemi's recipes for a smoother & lighter texture.
The cake is light & fragrant with fragrant mango mousse, refreshing lemon cream cheese mousse & exotic passionfruit creme layer.
For the decoration, I simply used white chocolate shards & tied with a red ribbon for a festive look.


I made this into a 6" square entremet & a few cups of mousse.
I think with this recipe it's better make in a 8" round cake.

Passion (8" round):
Recipe adapted from Le Goût Authentique Retrouvé by Hidemi Sugino
Genoise Blanche
90 g eggs
35 g sugar
7 g honey
25 g plain flour
12.5 corn flour
5 g unsalted butter
6 g milk

Preheat oven to 160C, line a parchment paper on a large baking pan.
Combine butter & milk, warm to 40C.
Combine eggs, honey & sugar in a large mixing bowl & sit over a pan of simmering water, beat with electric beater at high speed until hot then remove from heating.
Continue beating for another 8-10 min until pale & fluffy.
Fold in the flour gently.
Fold in the milk until smooth.
Bake for 12-15 min or until a skewer comes out clean.
Cool on a wired rack.

Sauce aux Fruits de la Passion
56 g passion fruit puree
1 egg (L)
45 g sugar
70 g unsalted butter, softened
2 g sheet gelatine, bloomed

Wrap the base of a 7" round mousse ring with cling film.
In a small saucepan, heat the passionfruit puree, eggs & sugar over gentle heat.
Whisk whilst heating until the curd begins to thicken.
Remove from heating, stir in the butter & bloomed gelatine.
Pour into the prepared ring & freeze.

Mousse à la Mangue
150 g whipping cream, whipped
120 g mango puree
3 g sheet gelatine, bloomed

Italian Meringue
1 egg white (L)
60 g sugar
15 g water

In a small saucepan, bring mango puree to boil & remove from heating.
Stir in the bloomed gelatine & set aside.
Make italian meringue, bring sugar & water to 115-120C, carefully & slowly pour it to egg white with whisking to stiff & shining peaks.
Fold mango puree with whipped cream then the italian meringue.
Pour on top of the passionfruit cream & freeze.

Mousse au Fromage Blanc
400 g whipping cream, whipped
350 g cream cheese
40 g lemon juice
12 g sheet gelatine, bloomed

Pâte à Bombe
80 g egg yolks
100 g sugar
25 g water

In a small saucepan, bring lemon juice to boil & remove from heating.
Stir in the bloomed gelatine & fold with cream cheese.
Make pate a bombe, bring sugar & water to 115-120C, carefully & slowly pour it to egg yolks with whisking to light & fluffy foam.
Fold cream cheese with whipped cream then the pate a bombe.

Assembling
Cut the genoise into a 7" round disc & place at the bottom of the mousse ring.
Remove the frozen passion fruit jelly & mango mousse layer from the mould & carefully place on top of the cake.
Pour the cream cheese mousse over the top & refrigerate to set.
Remove from the mould & decorate with some white chocolate shards. 

13 comments:

  1. Yue, this is so gorgeous!!!!!! You are unbelievably talented in making your food into art. My birthday is soon as well and I really want to make a cake for myself haha! I think I know where will I be looking for decoration inspiration :] Also, there is this game going on, I taged you in it, if you've got some free time, perhaps you'd like to join? :] http://missnak.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/salad-and-game.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yue! I stumbled upon your blog, as I am a huge fan of Hidemi Sugino's art of dessert. Sadly I am not that great at baking yet and still evolving. This Entremet is truly gorgeous and it's perfect as my Birthday cake which happens to be next week :P. I hope I will have the time to bake something complicated, beautiful and delicious. I'm off to further explore your creations. Have a great week. Cheers, Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thanks stopping by & hope you enjoy surfing through my blog :)

      Delete
  3. Every weekend i used to go to see this site, for the reason that i want enjoyment, as this this web site
    conations truly nice funny material too.
    Feel free to surf my blog vitamins for tmj

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is surely a very good blog, thanks a lot for sharing such nice information here.
    Mango Exporter in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. hai Yue, I really love your blog, I want to ask you, what's the different recipe mousse with and without italian meringue? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. air fryer reviews Air Fryer Reviews come with solution of money and time saving. Air Fryer Reviews is the participant with the Amazon associate program, that is an affiliate advertising program. The primary purpose of the Amazon Associate program is to provide you the platform in which they provide the ads to websites that will help you to earn by advertising and linking an Amazon.com platform to their sites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dairy hardware includes and portrays a wide scope of machine types that are engaged with the creation and preparation of dairy-related items. Agrithing brings an idea of free classified ads about agriculture machinery and products. Moreover, you can easily access and know the dairy machinery prices with easy access and all the details on a single platform.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank for your information it was delicious.
    If you want to know about onion suppliers as well as you can also know about the fruits and vegetables price in Pakistan at gr-exporter. Visit gr-exporter for better details and guide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the world of MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role-playing games) what does RNG meaning game?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you looking for the solution of [pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b] Error code. Our team did their best and found the top best 7 solutions to this problem.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails