Saturday 8 October 2011

Over the Weekend


I was busy planning the trip to Prague so I didn't have time to update the blog last week.
I've come back to England 2 days ago & I've so many things to sort out.
The photos & notes I took throughout the trip which I'll tell you later.
From now, I'm sharing a few recipes which I've tried over the weekend almost 2 weeks ago.
I baked some green tea financiers & vanilla semifreddo with espresso.
We had dinner at Strada italian restaurant & we ordered nougat semifreddo with espresso for dessert.
It was great so I wanted to try if I can make it.
I've found some recipes & almost all of them uses raw eggs so I decided to write up my own.
It's simpler & yet delicious!
As for the financiers, I bought a silicone mould from the trip to Calais & I haven't tried making financiers before.
I wasn't sure how financier should be like but I like the matcha flavour.
The sakura looks great too.
Recipe:
Green Tea Financiers
77 g unsalted butter
2 egg whites
90 g sugar
77 g ground almond
15 g plain flour
6 g matcha/green tea powder
9 salt-pickled sakura

Remove salt from the sakura, place at the bottom of the mould.
In a small bowl, melt butter over medium heat, set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk up egg whites with sugar until stiff & fluffy.
Sieve in green tea powder & plain flour, add in ground almond, fold until smooth.
Pour in molten butter, fold until smooth.
Divide the batter in the mould & bake in a preheated oven at 190C for 12-15 min.

Vanilla Semifreddo (5 x 3" round)
200 g whipping cream
70 g condensed milk (light)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Whisk whipping cream with condensed milk & vanilla eseence to soft peaks.
Divide into the mould & freeze to set.
Remove from the mould & serve with a shot of hot espresso + 1 tsp Baileys.

6 comments:

  1. love your photography... if you like you can share some pics on my website tastingspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for inviting, glad to join your website :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by, Olivera :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and internet stuff and this is actually frustrating. A good site with exciting content, this is what I need. Thanks for making this website, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    islamicartwallpaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handicrafts are the embodiment of human creativity and skill, transforming raw materials into works of art. Each piece tells a unique story, preserving cultural heritage and traditions passed down through generations. From intricate pottery to finely woven textiles, handicrafts showcase the beauty of craftsmanship and the ingenuity of artisans around the world.
    best home products
    lamps in pakistan
    hot pot price in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails