Friday 16 April 2010

Tofu Cheesecake with Red Bean Jelly


My exam is finally over, the most distressful moment has gone.
I'm back and hoping to update the blog more frequently.
I treated myself a piece of tofu cheesecake with red (Azuki) bean jelly.
I have used the same recipe for the tofu cheesecake, only a small twist to make it more interesting.
I used tinned sweetened red beans which I bought from a Japanese store.
Of course, any flavour will go with the tofu cheesecake, I even tried with lychee jelly.
However, light favour is recommended as tofu aroma is very delicate.



The spring has arrived & the flowers have been blossoming in the garden.
Enjoy the cheesecake & the spring!

Recipe (8" round):
Cake base:
1 egg
20g sugar
20g plain flour
8g vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 180'C then grease a 6'' round cake pan.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk egg with sugar until pale, thick & fluffy.
Sift in the flour, cut & fold gently until smooth.
Add the oil, cut & fold gently until smooth.
Fill in the prepared pan & bake for 15 min.
Remove the pan from the oven & cool on a rack.
Grease a 8" spring form pan, place the cake in the middle.

Tofu cheese:
300g soft silken tofu
150g whipping cream
150g cream cheese
45g sugar
75g water (hot)
11g gelatine

Dissolve gelatine in hot water, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together tofu, cream cheese and sugar until smooth using an electric mixer.
In another bowl, whisk the whipping cream to soft peaks, then fold in the tofu batter.
Fold in the gelatine solution.
Fill in the prepared pan & refrigerate to set.

Red bean jelly:
120g water
15g sugar
4 tbsp tinned sweetened red (Azuki) beans
3g gelatine

Heat water with sugar over simmering water.
Sprinkle gelatine over the water, stir until it dissolves.
Add in red beans & set aside to cool slightly.
Pour over the tofu cheese then refrigerate to set.

5 comments:

  1. That cheesecake looks absolutely gorgeous! I see you're based in London, I'm headed there in a couple weeks, any restaurants you'd particularly recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good. I wish I wasn't allergic to soy :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!! And the recipe sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment.

    I do think that you need to write more about this issue, it might not be a
    taboo matter but typically people don't talk about these subjects. To the next! Best wishes!!

    Feel free to visit my webpage - Skip Navigation

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails