Wednesday 17 March 2010

Pink Lady ~Chocolate & Raspberry~


Since I'm back to Basildon, the weather is nice & sunny.
A perfect weather to work in the kitchen & work on my jewelry.
I dug out a recipe which I always wanted to try.
The chocolate tarts are rich but it's a bit dull & plain just to be served alone.
I remember reading a magazine, there was a picture of a cheesecake on top of a tart.
I think it's great idea so I make some raspberry mousse to serve with that.
Chocolate & raspberry is a perfect combination!
With the raspberry mousse, I also try decorate with lady fingers & strawberry to make a berry charlotte.

I bought a string of shiny pink chalcedony stones from a bead shop opened by Claire Aristides in London.
Last week, when I went back to the shop, I was surprised it's closed for business.
I should have gone earlier, then maybe I could grab myself a bargain >_<
I made two beautiful necklaces using these pretty stones, these will be on sale from my jewelry shop which I haven't updated for a long time.



Chocolate Tarts
make 10 2'' tarts

Chocolate tart shell:
1 egg
10g cocoa powder
100g unsalted butter
100g icing sugar
180g plain flour

Mix & sift all flours together.
Add soften butter & mix until it combines.
Add egg & blend into soft dough.
Divide the dough into 2 balls, flatten into disks, wrap in plastic films & cool in a refrigerator for a few hours (minimum 2 hours).
Roll the dough into 2mm thick & fill the moulds with it, make a few holes using a fork & then cool for an hour.
Bake the tart shells in a preheated oven at 180'C for 15 min.
Let the tart shells cool completely on a wire rack.

Note: Freeze half of the dough to be used whenever needed.

Chocolate filling:
1 egg
60g dark chocolate (70%)
55g milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp Grand Marnier liqueur

In a small saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate, milk & sugar & stir until smooth.
Remove from heat, add the egg & whisk quickly until smooth.
Add the liqueur & whisk until smooth.
Divide the batter evenly among the tart shells & bake in a preheated oven at 170'C for 10 min.
Let cool completely & serve with fruits you like.

Raspberry Mousse
make 5 2'' round

Raspberry mousse:
160g frozen raspberry
20g sugar
100g whipping cream
1 sheet of gelatine (2g)

Soften gelatine in water.
Make raspberry puree using electric blender, sift & get the strained juice.
Heat the raspberry puree with sugar until slightly boil, then add the bloomed gelatine.
Let the puree cool down.
Whisk the whipping cream to soft peaks then fold in the puree.
Fill the moulds with the mousse then cool to set.

Raspberry topping:
60g frozen raspberry
20g sugar
50g water
1 sheet of gelatine (2g)



Make raspberry puree using electric blender, sift & get the strained juice.
Dissolve sugar & gelatine in hot water & then combine with the raspberry puree.


Let the puree cool down.
Spread over the mousse then cool to set.

Assembling:
Remove the raspberry mousse from the moulds & place on top of a chocolate tart & decorate with strawberry or as you like.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the feel of your blog. I heart pink, and also love this dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! I hope you enjoy browsing my blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails